Monday, June 25, 2007

Found the baby's parents

I have finally met the amazing, wonderful, beautiful and PERFECT family for the baby. I am so happy to post this news and I'm sitting her smiling from ear to ear. I tell ya, I've been looking at so many parent profiles that I thought something was wrong with me. Was I being too picky I asked myself and my counselor? While she admitted that I read through more parent profiles than most other people, she assured me that I would know them when I saw them and dude she was SO right.

We meet in person tommorow morning YEAH But we've had several phone conversations and emails. The adoption will be what is referred to as a semi-open adoption. There won't be any visits, which is what I feel comfortable with but we will share lots of information and we will always have access to email one another and talk on the phone.

I fell in love with them instantly. She is a teacher who will be leaving her job until this baby is ready to go to school. He is an artist and a writer, well I guess a writer is an artist so I should probably say he is a writer and a painter. I looked into her eyes in her photographs and I saw the person that I truly believe I will be like someday, and really that is what I want for the baby. I saw pictures of them both trick-or-treating with kids, picnics with kids, swimming with kids. I saw them doing physically active things, and that is what I want for this baby.

I also saw an intense love between the two of them. That is what I want most for this baby. I want his/her parents to love each other so that I never have to worry about divorce.
I am feeling anxious and excited. I don't even know how I will sleep tonight.

The only negative is that Josh doesn't want to go. :-(
But, that's a story for another day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrads!!!
I am glad you found a family, will you please keep us in mind for anyone you may come around please, we have so much desire and love and have been wanting to adopt now for 6 years and we have been scammed and broken hearted, that we feel that we might never adopt but oh the love we have to share for a baby is beyound words, please pass along my email it is:
mississippimom32@yahoo.com
662-553-4806 or a number to call!

idiot said...

OMG thats so great Brooke! Let us know how the face to face goes. Are your parents going too?

Anonymous said...

My dear..
Why semi open .
What if you want an open adoption when you see your child's face.
Oh .
I know someone who went with semi-open though she does not regret ( I think ) that she picked the family she did. She wished it was open adoption.

You are rushing things .
Oh . You know I am thinking the day you will give your child to them.
You sound too happy for that.

Why are you not considering parenting at all ?

Why are you not considering at least open adoption. Oh ..

it is your life. But it will be too soon too late ..

Good luck.